Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Full time AM server in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provide any property info here
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: The purpose of the position of Server is to serve food and beverages to guests in a timely, courteous, efficient and accurate manner. All functions are carried out to maintain an environment of teamwork.
- Receive and take guest orders and process in a timely manner through whatever systems are currently used in the restaurant.
- Prepare and serve meal accompaniments to guests.
- Perform sidework.
- Open bottled wine for guests.
- Bus and set tables, as needed.
- Perform set up and breakdown of various stations (i.e., deli, dessert, coffee, espresso)
- Assist with orders to go, as needed.
- Seat guests and help with answering phones as business demands.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communicate with support crew and management.
Specific experience we're seeking:
- One year minimum of customer service experience preferably within the Food & Beverage industry.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated and flexible, possessing the ability to take initiative.
- Flexible schedule, able to work mornings, nights, holidays and weekends.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).