Morton Buildings Project Engineer Intern in Morton, Illinois
The Project Engineer Intern works under the direct supervision and responsible charge of Morton Buildings’ architectural and engineering department and design professionals. The Project Engineer Intern will assist in structural building calculations, design plans, and construction drawing development.
• Utilize and employ engineering standards, techniques and methods in developing custom designed commercial, industrial, institutional, residential and agricultural projects.
• Develop and implement design procedures and methods for building construction.
• Assist design team in creating and developing designs in accordance with industry standards, state and local building and zoning codes, ordinances and other applicable standards.
• Employ value engineering analysis techniques to create and enhance cost effective and efficient project designs.
• Assist in the development of design plans and construction documents.
• Provide direction to drafting technicians.
• Assist in managing the engineering (drafting, plan review and stamped plan delivery) process from beginning to end.
• Minimum Junior year student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis.
• Must be highly motivated, a self starter, able to work independently and thrive on meeting deadlines.
• Potentially be available for continued work through the 2018/2019 school year
Unlimited earning potential!!
ESOP retirement programs in which you become an owner of the company
Excellent Medical / Dental / Prescription plan
Life Insurance plan
Paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time
Optional payroll savings plan
Optional short / long term disability insurance
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-placement drug screen and background check.