NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Contracts Officer in New York, New York
Civil Service Title: Procurement Analyst Level: III Title Code No: 12158 Salary: $55,863 New Hire $64,243 Incumbent $93,904 Maximum Office Title: Contracts Officer Work Location: 421 East 26th Street, NYC Division/Work Unit: Procurement/Contracts Unit Number of Positions: 1 Hours/Shift: Thirty-five (35) hours per week; five (5) day work week.
The core values of the OCME are to put the mission of the agency first, to be truly dedicated and to have integrity in every aspect of our professional life. Under general supervision, with considerable latitude for independent initiative and decision making, performs very responsible and highly complex work in purchasing goods, services and/or construction, and in processing procurement documents and contracts. Duties will include but are not limited to:
Oversee and manage pre-solicitation review, solicitation and contract award activities.
Evaluate solicitation documents and work with the program end users to develop solicitation requirements.
Make recommendations for contract awards, modifications, emergency purchases and extensions of time to contracts.
Conduct contract negotiations.
Consult with and advise the ACCO and programs to determine the most cost effective and efficient means of obtaining required services.
Consult with and advise program personnel on issues relating to procurement actions.
Ensure compliance to the directives, best practices, and policies and procedures promulgated by the Mayor’s Office of M/WBEs
Assist in the development of procedures for contract administration and procurement activities.
Prepare reports in response to requests for the Mayor’s Office of Contract Services (MOCS).
May perform the duties of the ACCO during periods of temporary absences.
May supervise or provide training to subordinate staff as assigned.
Perform special projects and related work as required.
Minimum Qual Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and six months of satisfactory full-time professional experience in procurement of goods, services, construction or construction-related services, or professional, technical or administrative experience in contract negotiation/management; or
- An associate degree or completion of 60 semester credits from an accredited college, and 18 months of satisfactory, full-time professional experience as described in “1” above; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and two and one-half years of satisfactory full time professional experience as described in “1” above; or
- A combination of education and/or experience equivalent to “1”, “2”, or “3” above. College education may be substituted for professional experience under “2” or “3” above at the rate of 30 semester credits from an accredited college for 6 months of experience. However, all candidates must have at least a four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and 6 months of the experience described in “1” above. SPECIAL NOTES: To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level II, individuals must have, after meeting the minimum requirements, either one year served at Assignment Level I or one additional year of the experience described in "1" above. To be eligible for placement in Assignment Level III, individuals must have, after meeting the minimum requirements, either one year served at Assignment Level II or two additional years of the experience described in "1" above, at least one year of which must have been supervisory, or spent performing professional procurement duties equivalent to those performed at Assignment Level III.
Successful candidate should possess the following; knowledge of the Procurement Policy Board Rules, M/WBE best practices, Mayor’s Office of Contracts procedures, Comptroller’s purchasing regulations; Proficiency in use of FMS, APT and PASSPort systems. Strong computer application skills including Excel and Microsoft Word.
Only applicants that are currently serving as permanent Procurement Analysts will be considered. Please note that you will only be contacted if selected for an interview.
- Selected candidate will be required to provide a DNA sample by swabbing.
- In case of an emergency, your position may be designated as essential staff.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER INDICATING YOUR CIVIL SERVICE STATUS TO: https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov. (JOB ID # 347669)
Please note that only candidates selected for the interview will be contacted for this position.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
Job ID: 347669
# of Positions: 1
Business Title: Contracts Officer
Civil Service Title: PROCUREMENT ANALYST
Title Classification: Competitive
Job Category: Finance, Accounting, & Procurement
Career Level: Experienced (non-manager)
Work Location: 421 East 26th Street NY NY
Division/Work Unit: OCME-Admin
Title Code No: 1215803
Proposed Salary Range: $ 55,863.00 - $ 93,904.00 (Annual)
POSTING DATE: 05/31/2018
POST UNTIL: Until Filled