Citi Global Head of CitiSystems / PaaS / Hybrid Cloud – Citi Architecture & Technology Engineering in New York, New York
Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job ID: 18016318
As Citi is going through a Technology transformation for the Citi Technology 2020 Strategy, the focus on Cloud and Mobile First is paramount.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate clear thought leadership around emerging and disruptive technology trends – such as Linux Containers – and the ability to deliver multi-dimensional and complex technology Architecture and Services to the internal clients by establishing a world-class Engineering, Architecture, and Service delivery team encompassing cross-organizational Virtual team members including Engineering, Operations, Security, and Sector technology leads.
Perhaps the most critical function of this role is geared towards delivering a successful Container ecosystem for both Internal and External Cloud, while accelerating delivery and adoption of Cloud Native services and enable Citi to achieve and sustain its competitive advantage over its peers through enabling Development and runtime environments for “born in the Cloud” applications. Equally, the progression of Software-as-a-Service models is paramount for many of Citi’s 5000+ business applications. The individual leading the Hybrid Cloud Engineering discipline will be responsible for enabling business to adopt these Platforms with the desired capabilities, while ensuring Citi’s business critical data is maintained in external Cloud provider ecosystem with equally capable Security and Risk posture.
This role will also require Engineering oversight and delivery of Citi’s Strategic Operating Systems, totaling upwards of 140K unique OS instances deployed across many regional and geolocation where Citi maintains its Global Functions, Banking, and Institutional Client business footprint. Leveraging the Operating Systems as a foundational building block, this role entails, in some cases, sponsoring the successful deployment of Citi’s Data, Services, and Security strategy; while in other cases, leading Cloud services for both Internal and External Cloud initiatives.
Additional responsibility for this role will include Engineering and Architecture responsibility for applications in High Frequency Trading environment where performance is measured in millionth or billionth of a second. In addition, this individual will provide Engineering and Architecture leadership for one of the largest Grid Cloud in the world where many of Citi’s Franchise Critical applications are hosted, including Regulatory and several of Institutional Client Risk engines. The sheer size and scale of Grid is an excellent representation of “Citi Scale”, where 100K+ compute cores run upwards of 1+ Trillion total valuations each day.
This individual will also work closely with all sectors within Citi, and in some cases act as a single point of contact to foster deeper client relationship engagement model with goal to cultivate a delivery focused culture between sector technology leads and Citi Architecture teams. While the focus of this sector aligned role will be broad, ranging from joining Regional and Global architecture forums, to ensuring alignment in technology direction as per Citi’s Technology 2020 strategy; however, the key focus areas will continue to be greater PaaS/Container adoption, improved delivery of technology solutions, and enabling a Hybrid Cloud operating model in lockstep with promoting Citi’s data sensitive applications with confidential and PII classification to safely and security operate in the external Cloud environments.
This role has a significant influence over the $1B+ cost savings and avoidance opportunity under the governance of the Technology 2020 strategy, with key pillars being Platform-as-a-Service / Container and a concerted effort to utilize Hybrid Cloud to run Citi’s mission critical applications.
This role encompasses budget responsibility for the department, team management for approximately 50 staff geographically dispersed employees around the globe. In addition, providing engineering, architecture, and service delivery oversight while maintaining all elements of successful adoption of services and subsequently enabling Citi’s 5000+ applications to adopt modern Cloud technology standards.
• Head of Engineering, Architecture, and Service delivery for strategic Operating Systems, High Frequency Trading, High Performance Computing / Grid, Platform-as-as-Service, and Hybrid Cloud capabilities
• Manages multiple teams of professionals, including staff recruitment, talent development, and budget management. Hire and cultivate talent across strategic global Service centers to align with dynamic and ever evolving business driven technology requirements
• Uses excellent communication, leadership and strong management skills to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners and external audiences including strategic vendor partners
• Develops approaches to promote knowledge sharing and management best practices across CATE and partner teams
• Define and execute Citi’s Platform-as-a-Service strategy with technologies such as Pivotal Cloud Foundary and Openshift/Kubernetes as key enablers
• Architect and deliver Hybrid Cloud services to sector business and technology partners
• Accountability and responsibility for all facets for successful program delivery – ranging from Engineering, Architecture, well understood RACI matrix agreed upon by Platform and Tenant Operations, SecOps, to transparently defining Risk and Security posture related to technology delivery
• Understand global technology trends as industry leader to provide insights to clients to innovate and solve tactical and strategic challenges
• Form strong partnership with all line of business to further the adoption of strategic technology solutions
• Deliver the Technology 2020 strategy financial targets through deployment and adoption of Cloud & Mobile First solutions
• Create and Communicate vision and ongoing progress with execution and organizational goals
• Establishes self as a trusted advisor with key clients and anticipates and understands clients' emerging needs
• 15+ years of experience in leading transformational technology programs
• Seasoned technology leader in Financial Services vertical
• Extensive experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
• Deep knowledge of Cloud technologies, including PaaS, Cloud Native options, and SaaS
• Ability to understand Markets and FX business applications from the High Performance and latency optimization lens
• Profound understanding of enabling Monte Carlo simulations on massively parallel High Performance Compute farms
• Enabling HPC Grid patterns to leverage “burst” capabilities across external Cloud Service Providers
• Deriving business value through adoption of Innovative technologies
• Broad experience in Cloud technologies
• Ability to handle ambiguity and make decisions and recommendations to business while clearly dimensioning out risk exposure
• Solid analytical/problem-solving skills with capability to identify solutions to unique and complex problems
• Expert in demonstrating proficiency in a wide range of IT Platforms – including awareness towards Security, Risk, and governance of business applications that operate in a Hybrid Cloud model
• Must be able to present to different audiences and adjust accordingly (business, technical and executive management)
• Business process improvement mindset with a drive for controls, automation and efficiency
• Be able to operate effectively in a globally focused environment
• Effective prioritization skills and high energy.
• Strong self-management, work autonomy and use of own initiative
• Must be able to multitask efficiently and provide accurate, reliable, consistent end-to-end service Ability to work in a fast-paced network operations environment.
• Ability to work under pressure with conflicting priorities and a fluctuating and potentially voluminous operational and project based workload.