Intermountain Healthcare Office Coordinator I - Ogden Home Health in Ogden, Utah
Greater Ogden & North Davis area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
This position coordinates a full range of office activities, projects, and other staff while also providing specialized clerical support. This individual assists the department director, or multiple managers, in planning, organizing, implementing, and accomplishing department day-to-day operations and goals. Requires a broad working knowledge of departmental, facility, and industry practices, policies, programs, and values.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Assists the department director or multiple managers in planning, organizing, implementing, and accomplishing department day-to-day operations and goals that relieve and assist the leaders of routine project or advanced administrative duties. Identifies improvements to be implemented in processes, office organization, and workflow.
- 2. Coordinates and may perform a full range of clerical functions, including receptionist duties, customer service duties, mail distribution, calendars and meeting management, preparing documents, etc.
- 3. Maintains a complete knowledge of office procedures and logistics associated with the assigned role. Takes ownership for and oversees all administrative functions including delegating assignments and ensuring work is completed. Ensures that office procedures and policies are followed.
- 4. Assists with staff orientation and training, and may collaborate with supervisors in performance evaluations or the coordination of assignments for support staff. Coordinates day-to-day operations of other staff or activities including managing processes, scheduling, and work flow to maximize productivity and to develop skills of the team. May oversee the effective management of human resource programs for other staff. Identifies staffing needs and may be responsible to coordinate recruiting, hiring, retention, and scheduling for office staff.
- 5. May assist with developing the administrative budget. Tracks expenditures and monitors financial reports to provide leaders with accurate information to ensure the sound financial operation of the administrative functions. Prepares analyses of information or data.
- 6. Coordinates routine and non-routine projects that may include tasks like gathering data, in-depth research, creating spreadsheets or databases to compile data, creating and running reports, reviewing and summarizing data, or tracking large amounts of information. Maintains complex files and records. Maintains and updates department resources and tools such as employee lists, referral lists, phone lists, organizational charts, or other department information.
- 7. Distributes, educates, and explains processes and paperwork to patients and/or customers. Responds to requests for information and appropriately releases information based on policy, ensuring customer requests and work assignments are prioritized and completed correctly and efficiently.
- 8. Monitors the ordering, stocking, and use of office (and other) supplies to ensure adequate office and other supply inventory levels are maintained.
- 9. Monitors the use of office equipment. Ensures basic maintenance for all office equipment is complete. Ensures the office equipment and facility / work area is in proper working condition. Contacts the appropriate service provider to resolve any issues that arise. Coordinates regular maintenance as needed.
- 10. Independently investigates assigned problems, determining method of research, data, and information requirements as well as analysis techniques. Tactfully handles difficult situations with staff and customers while remaining positive and professional. When needed, escalates issues to the appropriate staff member.
- 11. May act as a timekeeper and ensures timely and accurate submission of payroll information.
- 12. May complete accounts payable, billing, and purchasing processes according to policy.
- 13. May create formal and informal presentations including content, scripting, sequencing, and aesthetics for use with a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Entry Rate: $15.79+ depending on experience.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes. Click here to view our benefits.
- Shift Details: 25 hrs/wk; Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
- Department: Home Health - Ogden North
- Experience using advanced computer skills. Examples are complex formatting, mail merge, formulas, creating charts and graphs, data manipulation, creating and running reports, creating presentations, and using multimedia content. Intermediate computer user with experience trouble shooting and teaching others.
- One year of experience in an office setting or working in a clerical position with customer service, keyboarding, and data entry responsibilities.
- Experience with leadership responsibilities including coordinating the work of others and providing training to others on their job duties.
- Experience coordinating projects.
- Demonstrated interpersonal verbal and written communication skills including being proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and other English language skills.
- Some positions may require knowledge of medical terminology.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, including manipulating paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working in a healthcare setting
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 25
Primary Work Location HCS Ogden Homecare
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type Part Time