First Data Server Administrator in Omaha, Nebraska
Position Description Overview
We are looking for a talented server administrator to join our VMWare Vrealize Operations (VROPS) team in Omaha. The job involves the installation, planning, administration and troubleshooting of VROPS. While a VMWare background is required, you will not be working on VMWare itself but just VROPS which is the server capacity planning and performance monitoring side of VROPS.
VROPS is used as our primary capacity planning and performance management tool so the ideal candidate will have a background with administering Windows servers and Linux servers and is familiar with hardware performance metrics used by system administrators. Training on VROPS will be provided to the right candidate.
This job is mainly a server administration role in keeping VROPS running smoothly, assisting end users with access and troubleshooting VROPS issues reported by end users.
3-5 years of experience as a server administrator is preferred plus certifications on Windows, Linux or VMWare is a plus.
_US Citizen Required_
- Is responsible for maintaining the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the systems environment.
- Monitors systems, responds to problems and plans for growth.
- Provides in depth systems analysis.
- Designs, installs, implements, maintains, and troubleshoots complex operating systems software and related program products.
- Provides technical consulting on the use and integration of applications into the operating environment.
- Performs additional job duties as required.
First Data (NYSE: FDC) is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, serving approximately six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in more than 100 countries around the world. The company’s 22,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 3,000 transactions per second and $2.4 trillion per year. To learn more about First Data, visit FirstData.com.
- 3 years related technical experience.
- BS or equivalent experience and appropriate Certifications.
- Has strong technical knowledge in Distributed or mainframe operating systems, subsystems, and software vendor products.
- Strong Understanding of business issues facing and clients.
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT) First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.
Job: *Technical Support
Title: Server Administrator
Location: Nebraska-Omaha-Omaha - 7305 Pacific St
Requisition ID: 2496670
Other Locations: United States-Georgia-Marietta-Marietta 1600 Terrell Mill