HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Sonographer in Panama City, Florida
Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center is a 216-bed acute care hospital proudly serving Bay County and surrounding communities for 40 years. The hospital was recently named a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® – heart failure, heart attack, pneumonia, surgical care, and perinatal care – for the fourth consecutive year and has achieved certifications for its stroke and wound care.
Located in Panama City, Florida, its team of more than 450 providers and 1,000 employees work to ensure patients receive the highest quality of care every day. With the area’s only designated Pediatric ER, four-bed Pediatric ICU and 28-bed NICU, the hospital is ready to care for our youngest residents. The hospital has the only Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI as recognized by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. Additionally, the hospital’s cancer program is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). It is also an affiliate of the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Cancer Care Network. These designations enhance the hospital’s quality of care and demonstrate its commitment to higher, measurable standards of care.
The Sonographer performs technical procedures, applying ultrasound techniques for the purpose of detecting pathology. Regulates equipment used to produce the images as well as process and organize the image in PACS.
ESSENTIAL CORE FUNCTIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential core function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience, and ability necessary to perform this job.
- Uses knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and emergency procedures to provide safe and effective patient care.
- Maintains strict infection control techniques at all times.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities as assigned.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends inservice presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Service: Strives to meet expectations/needs of customers; responds to concerns with sense of urgency; seeks win-win solutions for reasonable patient/customer expectations.
- *Quality/Ethics/Integrity: *Seeks opportunities for improvement; prevents small problems from becoming large; pays attention to detail; follows instructions and protocol/procedures; adheres to company code of conduct; maintains integrity in all aspects of work.
- Relationships: Builds effective working relationships; finds and provides information to clarify situations; expands on original ideas; contributes own ideas; places high priority on other team members’ goals; gains team agreement to support ideas; clearly explains rationale behind ideas/goals; demonstrates sensitivity to differing cultural views and needs; meets attendance and punctuality requirements.
- *Adaptability: *Seeks to understand changes in work tasks/processes; actively seeks information about new tasks/processes; treats change and new tasks/processes as opportunities for learning and personal growth; speaks positively about changes to others; quickly modifies behavior to deal effectively with change.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: • *ARRT, CCI and/or ARDMS Accredited Ultrasound School*
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: * CPR at hire required * Vascular Ultrasound Certification (RVT) through either ARRT or ARDMS or RVS through CCI required within 12 months of hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: • *1-3 years’ experience preferred*
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: *• *Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to understand physician’s orders • Knowledge of body substance isolation • Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs • Basic computer skills
Location: Florida-Panama City-Gulf Coast Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00096-7615