Comcast Analyst 3, Data & Telecommunications in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for overseeing technical expertise to ensure that voice
and/or data communications and network facilities are sufficient,
appropriate, and functioning along with ensuring that voice and/or data
systems perform at optimum and cost-effective levels. Determines causes
of system malfunctions and directs or performs corrective actions.
Handles highly technical complex problems and be called on to consult
for other projects. Viewed as a Subject Matter Expert within the
organization. Provides coaching to junior-level employees. Has in-depth
experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines
own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Participates in the design and maintenance of telecommunications
networks; resolves complex network operating problems.
- Diagnoses and resolves complex network operating problems with
technical assistance from vendors, common carriers, and technical IT
- Analyzes performance of telecommunications network, including usage
and load patterns and systems responses.
- Participates in topology design for new or modified systems, including
the analysis of parameters such as timing responses, recovery
capabilities, automatic diagnostics, redundancy capacity.
- Directs and performs installation of telecommunications/network and
- Develops and enforces policies, work instructions, and procedures in
support of Company requirements.
- Directs project team and provides leadership in completing projects.
- Monitor system performance, troubleshoots outages, and manages vendors
to ensure optimal system performance.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Proactive/Reactive monitoring of Comcast's Network Core devicees using various Element Management tools (Spectrum, SolarWinds, SevOne, etc) to isolate and troubleshoot all network related issues
- Process all customer calls/emails and take ownership of issue until resolution
- Troubleshoot network outages, network latency, or CPE failures
- Directs third party agencies (i.e. AT&T, Verizon,) internal resources, and external resources while troubleshooting and resolving complex peer-to-peer or vendor/supplier troubles focusing on rapid restoration.
- Advanced trouble-shooting skills. Entry-level design and development; cross systems technical knowledge; Subject matter expertise in one or more technical areas; demonstrates knowledge of technologies beyond core focus of initial study
- Has a strong understanding of overall business needs and business areas, understanding applications while learning supplemental processes. Can create technical documentation (internal). Possesses strong analysis, design and implementation skills. Demonstrates ability to pick up key concepts and apply them to work. Demonstrates ability to analyze, troubleshoot, problem solve and provide input on decision making
- Provides technical communication and coordination during large outage scenarios.
- Able to identify conflict assessment as it relates to daily change management activities
- Available to provide onsite support and repair of network issues.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekend and holidays when needed.
- Serve as Tier 4 for Desktop Technician
- Setup dispatch and troubleshoot issues with local field Desktop Techs to resolve customer/network related issues
- Direct efforts so as to maintain service Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) within regional or contractual standards
- Support onsite installations, upgrades all network equipment
- Assist with Server and applications
Open and update Tickets using:
- Ability to provide on the job training to new hires as and when required
- Create processes and procedures for troubleshooting and ticket management as needed
- Initiate root cause analysis (RCA) request, participate in RCA calls as needed, proof all RCA's prior to sending to leadership and provide feedback as needed
Additional preferred skills:
Advanced Knowledge of Networks preferred:
Local Area Network (LAN)
- Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Metropolitan Area Network (MAN)
- CISCO, Juniper, Brocade and other switches
- Deployment and configuration of network switches
Advanced knowledge preferred of
- Cell Backhaul
- DOCSIS Standards
- Ethernet over HFC
Advanced knowledge of network technologies preferred on:
Open System Interconnection (OSI)
- Layer 1/2 protocols
- Internet Protocols IP
- Understanding knowledge of Cisco Call Manager preferred
- Scripting knowledge preferred
- Certifications-CCNP or JNCIS preferred
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer