Comcast Executive Director, NGAN Access Engineering in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for overseeing the implementation of the enterprise-wide technical vision and direction of the NGAN Access Engineering department.Sets and implements business standards, goals, strategies, and objectives (within assigned areas) that are competitive with industry standards and strives to arrive at those goals. Reviews annual and quarterly budgets. Leads a team of dynamic engineering staff and assures work performance is in adherence to company and industry standards. Acts as a technical resource to management across the department and lateral departments. Leads integrated work teams and provides leadership in cross-functional projects. Provides leadership and direction for diverse and complex functions. Contributes to the development of the organizations business strategy. Interprets business strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with this strategy. Typically manages multiple teams of professionals.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Reviews and presents operating and capital budgets including forecasts of operations, development, testing, and any specialized needs to senior management.
- Delivers strategies and objectives within the department and across the organization.
- Evaluates overall work processes and standards to ensure performance is to company and industry standards.
- Continuously develops staff through ongoing training programs, operational procedures, and policies, and develops staff organizational and technical skills, etc.
- Sets the reporting standards and then works with others to analyze reports for such issues as schedule completions for testing, spend levels for
NRE costs, yearly license costs, etc.
- Stays knowledgeable of competition and important emerging technologies and standards.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Masters Degree or equivalent work experience
Field of Study
- Engineering, Computer Science
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer