Intermountain Healthcare Home Medical Equipment Asst-Provo in Provo, Utah
Greater Provo area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
Under the direction of the Manager, this position provides office and operations support to ensure timely implementation of physician orders of Home Medical Equipment (HME) and related supplies. This position fills patient orders, coordinates deliveries, and responds to patient requests in a timely manner. This individual may provide patient education and facilitate patient set ups or fittings in 1:1 situations.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Intake: Takes intake information from source. Verifies the client specific needs and selects appropriate equipment based on assessment while adhering to physician orders. Generates Homecare order to meet client needs and ensures completion of all documentation and paperwork. Facilitates the authorization process with other applicable departments.
- 2. General Office/Operations Support: Supports office operations by ordering, stocking, and tracking inventory. Updates and maintains both patient and general office records. Provides patient refill reminder calls or text messages prior to anticipated patient need. Facilitates renewal of expired physician orders. Processes Point of Sale (POS) sales request by completing computer order entry, receiving payment, and coordinating delivery or patient pick-up. Coordinates patients transferring from one service location to another service location. Assists with special projects as assigned.
- 3. Customer Service: Provides extraordinary customer service. Responds to both telephone and in-person requests for information in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures customer (e.g., referral source, co-worker, patient) requests are triaged and handled appropriately and in a timely manner. Handles difficult situations with all customers in a positive, tactful, and professional manner. Provides instruction to clients and caregivers in the use, care, and safety of supplies and equipment provided.
- 4. Delivery Coordination: Coordinates the delivery of medical equipment and supplies to the patient by assigning the appropriate delivery method to meet customer and company needs.
- 5. Order Processing/Documentation Requirements: Accurately completes or updates delivery or pickup tickets, rental agreement return/exchange forms, applicable assessment forms, and point of sale (POS) sales requests by completing sales invoice and payment transactions. Maintains an understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, and third-party billing requirements and all components of Homecare's equipment and supplies order processing system.
- 6. Equipment and Supply Acquisition: Works with the store warehouse contact in the acquisition of appropriate medical equipment and supplies to maintain acceptable par levels in stock.
- 7. Communicates problems and solutions to the appropriate staff.
- 8. Demonstrates keen problem identification and resolution skills and addresses concerns in a timely manner.
- 9. Completes charting of notes in patient accounts for all home medical equipment and supply deliveries including day's supply on hand, setups or exchanges, progress to goals, adherence to current orders, equipment or supply concerns, or other issues as necessary.
- Entry Rate: $14.77 or more, depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time 40 hours per week; 8:20 am to 5:00 pm, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm and occasionally 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Saturday once a month. Occasionally will be on/call.
- Department: Homecare Services-Provo Offices
- Two years of customer service experience.
- Effective communication and telephone skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
- Work independently and is self-motivated.
- Basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, internet and e-mail.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, identify HME equipment and supplies. Check
- Frequent interactions with both patients/customers and /or patient care providers, that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, customer/patient needs, and issues quickly and accurately. May be required to stand and walk to retrieve lift and carry different types of HME supplies and equipment.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care; accessing needed information; dialing in settings on equipment; changing filters; and, threading of connectors, tubing, and other equipment accessories.
- Need to stand and walk to assist with distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling all types of HME/Respiratory equipment including 02 cylinders and other heavy items. If applicable, will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment - expected to utilize full range of movement in doing so. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Expected to sit and process patient orders.
- Office Coordination experience.
- Experience in a health care related field.
- Medical equipment experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location HCS Provo DME
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type Full Time