Comcast Construction, Technician 2, Designer in Puyallup, Washington
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Benefits for new hires start on Day 1.
Other work location is Everett.
Responsible for coordinating and executing tasks and projects that support the planning and design of cable construction and installation. Works with moderate supervision/guidance. Is accountable for individual results and impact on team.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Completes field serviceability surveys to connect commercial buildings to one or more of the Company's services. Conducts field survey audits.
- Manages contractor activity, quality control, built mapping, timely activation, leakage detection, sweep and certification management, and address serviceability. Tracks and maintains any information needed to monitor contractor productivity including forecasting future construction activity and material usage.
- Prepares cost estimates, bill of materials, control inventory, and order equipment as needed.
- Assembles and interprets system HFC and Fiber documentation.
- Meets with design and commercial development personnel to relay assigned work and required materials.
- Coordinates projects using available equipment, computers, map information, system specifications, and field information, as provided.
- Inspects and conducts quality control on all construction activity performed by contractors to ensure quality and compliance to Company's procedures and specifications.
- Reviews customer requests and resolves complaints.
- Assists with reports on capital projects and construction progress.
- Reviews maps and plans necessary to secure permits from utilities, Department of Transportation, railroads, and appropriate local, state, and federal agencies.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- High School or Equivalent
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer