Army Installation Management Command Food and Beverage Attendant NA-03 in Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Note: Additional vacancies and selections may occur within 90 days of announcement closing date. In order to receive consideration for this position, please ensure to submit ALL required documents indicated in the Required Document Section. Redstone Arsenal Family and MWR (FMWR) has many award winning services available such as recreation, sports and fitness, child youth and school services, golf, bowling, club, arts and crafts, a library and much, much more! These serves are made available as a result of the extraordinary NAF Employee workforce that is focal point of what we do. Redstone Arsenal FMWR strive to be your "First Choice" for all quality of life services. As a member of our FMWR Team, you and your immediate family members are entitled to utilize all FMWR Facilities and Services.
Performs duties as a food and beverage attendant for the Weeden Mountain Grille at The Links at Redstone Golf Course located on Redstone Arsenal, Alabama. The Grill offers a wide variety of sandwiches, salads, burgers and more. The Links offers 36 challenging and scenic golf holes.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience."
Learn more about this agency
- Presents bill, collects sales slips, total sales on cash register, accepts payment from patrons and makes change as necessary.
- Maintains related cash records.
- Sets up food service counters and steam tables with hot and cold foods and beverages.
- Prepares coffee and hot water for tea, fills beverage dispensers with juices and soft drinks.
- Sets tables, seats guests, records guests' selections and turns in orders to the kitchen.
- Serves food, alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Prepares fruits and vegetables for cooking and serving and makes a variety of fruit and vegetable salads, sandwiches and box lunches.
- Portions out food, cleans and prepares meats and seafood for cooking.
- Checks food during cooking to prevent overcooking.
- Washes dishes, pots and pans, empties trash and cleans and sanitizes containers.
- Unloads trucks and places contents in proper storage and use areas, brings supplies to work areas.
- Clean floors, walls and windows in kitchen, storage areas, dining area, tables and immediate area.
- #### Job family (Series)
7401 Miscellaneous Food Preparation and Serving
Conditions of Employment
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form or copy this URL to your browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DRa/pdf/A3433Final.pdf).
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-13 j., f. and i. to include a National Agency Check (NACI), a health assessment may also be required.
- Incumbent may also be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
- Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
- Direct Deposit is required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Prior to appointment, a male citizen or a male person residing in the United States who was born on or after January 1, 1960 and is between 18 to 25 years of age is required to register with the Selective Service. Individuals who meet these conditions are required to provide a copy of their Selective Service Registration or exemption letter prior to employment with the agency. Please visit https://www.sss.gov/Registration/Check-a-Registration/Verification-Form to obtain a copy of your Selective Service Registration Form. If you have not registered and are between 18 to 25 years of age please register with the Selective Service.
- Must be 21 years of age at time of appointment.
- Must meet state/local age requirements for the serving of alcoholic beverage at the time of appointment.
- Be able to lift and carry weights up to 20 pounds.
- Possess math skills necessary to calculate patron bills and take inventory.
- Skill in mixing and serving alcoholic and/or nonalcoholic beverages.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA Form 3434 Notification of Personnel Action; PCS Orders
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
BK-NAF-W0WFAA US ARMY GARRISON REDSTONE DO NOT MAIL Redstone Arsenal, AL US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493579600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 03/10/2018 to 03/19/2018
Salary: $9.35 to $10.91 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NA 3
Work schedule: Intermittent
Appointment type: Intermittent