WMS Gaming Inc. Senior Software Engineer- Testing Applications in Reno, Nevada
Senior Software Engineer- Testing Applications
Job ID #:IRC9602Location:Reno, NV
Functional Area:Software Engineering
Position Type:Full Time Regular
The person in this position is responsible for development, designing, testing, coding and integrating software products. Provides support to and works alongside other engineers to create innovative products. Works to identify and implement testing application and service that best prepare the company to meet future business goals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Utilizes technical knowledge to write and complete software tasks and projects
• Researches new technologies and incorporates them into new systems and products
• Takes initiative in leading projects, delegating responsibilities, and collaborating with others
• Tests, integrates, writes, troubleshoots, and debugs software applications
• Responsible for the architecture and implementation of critical software components and games; uses company standards and applies design principals and patterns to develop robust software
• Works closely with other engineers to provide guidance and assistance in the areas of software architecture, coding standards, and system related issues
• May act as team mentor in a multi-person development team
• May supervise and verify the work of engineers, designers, or technician
Training and/or Experience:
• Five or more years of professional experience in a software development team.
• Five or more years of experience with build automation, continuous integration, unit test, change management and configuration management
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience with either AWS/Azure application development, deployment and operations.
• Two or more years of experience with mobile application development.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment
• Strong working knowledge of CentOS.
• Strong knowledge of BDD tools, jMeter.
• Automated deployment experience with Chef or Ansible.
• Strong working knowledge of REST design principles.
• Must be able to obtain and hold a Nevada Gaming Card
• Technical degree in Software engineering or computer science
• The work conditions are representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
• Some travel up to 10% both domestic and international
SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click hereEEOC Poster.