University of Rochester Clinical Nutrition Spec, SMH in Rochester, New York
Part Time 20 hours Grade 053 Food & Nutrition Svcs-Staff
Provides comprehensive nutrition care and education for Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology (AIR) and Behavioral Pediatrics (DBP) Clinic patients and support both health care teams.
- Assess nutritional status of appropriately referred patients in clinic. Provide ongoing nutritional assessment, monitoring, evaluation, and education to patients and families.
- Effectively communicate plans and rationale to team members both verbally and in the medical record.
- Possess the technological knowledge to utilize nutrient analysis software programs to analyze food records to identify nutrition problems and modify recommendations accordingly.
- Coordinate home nutrition regimens for patients. Write letters of Medical Necessity for insurance approval of nutritional regimens and obtain prior authorization from insurance companies when required. Communicate with home care vendors and providers, address insurance issues, as needed.
- Integrate evidence-based research in the education, practice and management of AIR and DBP patients.
- Provide information and consultation to physicians, Fellows, NPs and inpatient staff promoting continuity of care for known patients upon admission and safe, timely discharge for new and existing patients.
- Attend weekly Pediatric Nutrition Support Rounds, when able.
- Serve as preceptor to the Cornell Dietetic Interns.
- Supervise Pediatric fellows, as requested.
- Analyze data and participate in QA activities to identify opportunities for improved practice.
- Participation is encouraged, though not required.
- Participate in nutrition related research independently or in coordination with other services/providers.
- Prepare and submit materials for publication.
B.S. degree in Nutrition, Food & Nutrition or equivalent and 2 years clinical nutrition experience in health care setting; registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration, the credentialing agency of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Masters’ degree in related field preferred. Pediatric experience preferred.Expectation to obtain advanced certification within 18 months of employment, with maintenance of credential thereafter.
Demonstrate strong communication skills, the ability to work independently and effectively in a busy, multi-disciplinary medical practice setting, proficiency with insurance authorization processes, able to prioritize workload and multi-task with accuracy and efficiency.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Clinical Nutrition Spec, SMH
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 213414
Full/Part Time: Part-Time