University of Rochester Insurance Collection Spec in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 008 URMFG Business Office
8 AM-4:30 PM
Is responsible for resolving aged insurance accounts which have not been collected through billing and routine follow-up activities. Assesses payment probability to determine appropriate collection technique.
- Resolves unpaid insurance accounts which have not been paid/rejected within a predetermined period and are impeding the prompt resolution of A/R. Contacts are via correspondence, telephone or meeting with insurance representatives.
- If unable to resolve insurance problem with third-party insurance for any reason (lack of cooperation, etc.): researches, identifies and contributes to resolution, collaborates with internal payer contracting department and/or files and appeal.
- Documents all actions for both patient and University personnel and interact with ancillary areas to secure needed assistance/documentation to meet insurers requirements.
- Maintains a detailed knowledge of insurance regulations and billing procedures which affect A/R, so as to re-bill accounts correctly.
- Responds to written and verbal inquiries.
- Maintains records for effective reporting on both daily and weekly basis.
Associate's degree in Business Administration and 2 years of hospital patient accounting or consumer collections experience, or certification obtained from a nationally accredited billing program (i.e., Certified Medical Billing Specialist CMBS, Certified Medical Records Technician CMRT, Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist CMRS); or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to type 25 wpm.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Insurance Collection Spec
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 211928
Full/Part Time: Full-Time