University of Rochester OCR Senior Research Finance Coordinator in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Clin & Trans Science Institutes
8 AM-5 PM
With minimal direction and considerable use of independent judgement, the Office of Clinical Research (OCR) Senior Research Finance Coordinator will utilize clinical research expertise, communication skills, and experience and knowledge of process development to provide project leadership to the OCR. This position will focus on the understanding of budget development and financial management for clinical research and will be responsible for creating processes and leading analysts and associates who provide financial services to the clinical research enterprise within the University of Rochester.
This position will require excellent communication and organizational skills, and solid foundational and operational knowledge in clinical research. Previous research coordinator experience is required.
Program Development and Leadership
The primary project for this position will be to provide direction and develop processes that assist in the compliant and organized clinical research budgets as well as the post-award management of research finances. Also, this position will hire, train and supervise budget analysts, finance managers, and others who will be providing these services to research teams throughout the URMC. These service activities include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as financial liaison between Principal Investigator / Department and other internal and external stakeholders
- Preparing Clinical Management System (CMS) Coverage Analysis
- Preparing documents describing the costs related to a clinical trial to the department
- Negotiating budgets with research sponsors
- Once the agreement is executed, managing finances for the research department including invoicing, check resolution, patient account charge reviews, General Ledger transfer requests, reporting, and general query resolution
- Collaborates with Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS) team members in harmonizing the collection, organization, analysis, and reporting of metric data about the clinical research enterprise. Prepares analytical reports and recommendations.
- Uses analysis and expertise to recommend process revisions, tools (e.g., software applications), and other considerations to allow for increased efficiency, quality and timeliness.
- Establishes guidelines for distribution of expenses, provides budget information and prepares financial reports based on the cost factors of the project.
- Interacts with research enterprise stakeholders to evaluate needs, identifies specific issues, and develops processes that will result in the dependable collection of appropriate process metrics.
- Prepares and makes presentations.
- Develops functional and collaborative relationships with department leaders across the institution.
- Works collaboratively with other OCR team members; takes the lead as needed based on specific projects.
- Supervises teams and individuals according to the needs of a project.
- Facilitates and attends meetings, makes recommendations, meets with colleagues, attends educational activities, and keeps current on state of the research industry.
- Bachelor's degree/Master's degree strongly preferred. At least 3-5 years of documented experience as a clinical research coordinator; ACRP- or SOCRA-certified strongly preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of data collection and analytical skills.
- Advanced computer, MS Suite, with emphasis on MS Excel, databases, and organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated experience planning and overseeing projects.
- Ability to function both independently and within a team. A process-driven thinker.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: OCR Senior Research Finance Coordinator
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 211918
Full/Part Time: Full-Time