Orchard Supply Hardware Financial Analyst in San Jose, California
SAN JOSE STORE SUPPORT CENTER
CA - SAN JOSE - STORE SUPPORT CENTER
Full-time salary (40+ hrs/wk)
Financial Analyst – Corporate Finance
Orchard Supply Hardware is looking for a Financial Analyst who will be a dedicated resource in supporting the business with store and merchandising analytics, financial reporting, and modeling the financial impact of strategic initiatives. This position will
be an essential part of the Finance team and will utilize strong business acumen to perform a variety of tasks requiring an accurate and statistical interpretation of data and trend analysis, along with data mining. This role will be tightly integrated with
the business, and will contribute to and influence decision making.
• Perform analysis of trends and operating results related to stores and product.
• Collaborate with Business Partners across the organization to determine the financial impact of proposed strategic initiatives, and provide guidance on financial variables of such projects.
• Enable Executive Leaders to take action by creating reports and interpreting results while actively monitoring performance.
• Partner across the organization to understand forecasts, perform variance analysis between actual and forecasted costs, analyze weekly reports, and complete bottoms-up annual budget.
• Prepare and distribute monthly P&L reports.
• Act as primary point of contact for P&L inquiries.
• Utilize financial models to set targets or goals for incentive compensation and performance contests.
• Establish and maintain key performance indicators to measure performance trends.
• Build complex business models and adapt them as the business changes and grows.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance; a MBA is desirable, but not required.
• Minimum2+ years’ experience. Prior experience working in a retail organization is preferred.
• Strong business acumen.
• Solid knowledge of financial processes, accounting principles, and budgeting.
• Passion for data manipulation and ability to see beyond the numbers.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Excel, Access, Smart View, and Essbase to develop rapid and creative solutions.
• Communicating Effectively - The ability to convey information clearly and accurately, as well as choosing the most effective method of delivery (e.g., email, phone, face-to-face). This includes using a technically sound communication style both verbally and
• Creating the New and Different - The ability to approach problems with curiosity and open-mindedness. This includes developing personal creativity, approaching the problem differently, and asking for others' opinions. This also includes exposing one's self
to new ideas, trends, and environments.
• Demonstrating Personal Flexibility - The ability to adapt to demanding characteristics of different situations and to act in ways that are situational appropriate. This includes being open to lifelong and continuous personal improvement, being aware of self
and impact on others, and being very flexible and responsive to feedback.
• Getting Organized - The ability to be organized, resourceful, and plan ahead. This includes the ability to leverage multiple resources to get things done and lay out tasks in sufficient detail. This also includes the ability to get things done with less and
in less time, work on multiple tasks at once without losing track, and to foresee and plan around obstacles.
• Managing Diverse Relationships - The ability to relate to a wide variety of people of diverse backgrounds, opinions, and experiences. This includes being open to differences, quickly finding common ground, and being respectful of others.
• Analytical Skills - The ability to collect information, and identify fundamental patterns/trends in simple to moderately complex data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
• Client Focus - The ability to provide customer service to external and internal clients. This includes seeking to meet customer needs and demands quickly and effectively, remaining calm and professional when dealing with difficult internal/external customers,
and preserving customer relationships.