Pfizer Bioprocess Technician BPT IV in Sanford, North Carolina
The incumbent will be knowledgeable of process equipment and systems, manufacturing operations, and automation control (PLC, Delta V, etc) and their primary responsibility will be to execute process and equipment operation activities during manufacturing operations. The incumbent will assist with production activities across applicable disciplines in Fermentation, Media Prep, Purification, Buffer Prep, Process Support, and Chemistry working with the Management, Leads/Coordinators, and Process Engineers.
Conducts all activities that are in accordance with Company policies & SOPs, Pfizer Values, & global regulatory guidelines (including cGMP/cGLP/cGCP), environmental guidelines, as appropriate, etc. Advise management of non-conformance issues and opportunities for continuous improvement.
The incumbent is a skilled operator with knowledge of microbial Fermentation, Purification, Process Support, and Chemistry processes in the production of microbial vaccines and bulk intermediates. The incumbent is knowledgeable of required processing unit operations and control systems needed for operations. The incumbent works as part of the production team by executing and completing tasks. The incumbent performs scientific and operational tasks related to commercial and/or clinical manufacturing. The incumbent will work in support of 24 hour operations - working in various shifts. Job responsibilities include:
• Execute processing and operational activities in support of manufacturing per site Standard Operating Procedures in a safe and compliant manner. Requires detailed knowledge of the operational aspects for Fermentation, Media and Buffer Prep, Purification, and Chemistry.
• In addition to processing, cleaning, and operating major process equipment (tanks, fermentors, ultrafiltration units, centrifuges, column, etc.), job duties also include routine production preparation tasks such as preparing production glassware and other equipment by operating industrial washers and autoclaves, use calibrated scales to weigh out dry components and use graduated cylinders and flasks to measure liquids. Also, performs laboratory activities such as: performing sample dilutions, pH, and conductivity readings.
• Requires understanding of scientific principles, operational aspects of production equipment, automation control systems, processing requirements and any related procedural requirements with emphasis on microbial fermentation / purification processing.
• Requires understanding of continous improvement (CI) processes. Ability to use CI boards and provide input. Knowledgable with 5S process and have the ability to maintain 5S standards within the manufacturing areas.
• Bachelor's Degree with no industry experience required
• Associate's Degree with minimum 4 years direct regulated manufacturing pharma/biotech experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent with minimum 8 years direct regulated manufacturing pharma/biotech experience
Capable of sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time during the work shift. Must be able to work a rotating shift schedule to support a 24 hour manufacturing operation.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to work a rotating shift schedule to support a 24 hour manufacturing operation. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. and must be capable of moving 300L portable vessels around.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: 3/21/2019
Additional Location Information: Sanford, NC
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
R (Rotating) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.