Amazon Web Services Principal Technical Program Manager in Seattle, Washington
The Alexa AI team’s goal is to make voice interfaces ubiquitous and as natural as speaking to a human. Our Machine Learning Platform is at the forefront of this mission with engineering and science innovations, capabilities, services and platforms. Self-serve tools to create and manage the building blocks of spoken language experiences are key to democratizing their development and unlocking the potential of the platform. This includes dynamic model building, personalization, language expansion, a deep learning platform, a data platform and ground truth management.
We are looking for a strongly technical, customer-focused Senior Technical Program Manager with skills that span science, software engineering, and product and project management. In this role you will:
· Formulate, structure, and drive technical programs for the Alexa AI Platform team and deliver innovations on behalf of our customers
· Influence the outcomes that are necessary for the programs you manage without formal authority over cross-functional teams that need to contribute
· Take the lead in providing clarity and structure in ambiguous situations through a rigorous approach to problem solving, asking the right questions, and applying insights you’ve gained
· Roll-up your sleeves when needed, and derive solutions from the data – diving deep into experience data to identify problems and push for solutions, writing your own analytic scripts and tools where necessary
· Develop and cultivate fruitful and meaningful partnerships and outcomes with all stakeholders, thinking in terms of the products we build and metrics that are meaningful to them
· Originate and drive initiatives focused on improving program execution and engineering excellence
· Focus on delivering consistent results and customer impact.
Product development experience, including technical foundation in software engineering, technology products, and/or applied science
10+ years of relevant work experience in Internet-related program and/or technical product management in a software development and/or applied science environment
Experience building processes, project management, and programs
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed
Experience in product management
Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Advanced degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Share this job
CompanyAmazon.com Services, Inc.
Position CategoryProject/Program/Product Management--Technical
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name)United States