Amazon Web Services Principal Technical Program Manager in Seattle, Washington
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Check it out at amazon.com/go
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths’ most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art and impacts the daily lives of our customers.
We are looking for an experienced System Development Engineer to help us with operational excellence as well as automate manual processes. This environment presents unique challenges in that much of what is being done has never been done before. As a System Development Engineer, you will need to have a breadth of system engineering background and be technically deep in one or more areas.
The successful candidate will:
· Be responsible for ownership of an Operation Excellence Program, including setting the technical vision for the program and how to surface and track key metrics.
· Mentor and develop support engineers
· Understand how the various parts of the system work end to end
· Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences.
· 10+ years’ of Systems Engineering/Administration experience in a large, distributed environment
· Proficient in at least one programming or scripting language such as Python, Shell, or Perl
· Robust troubleshooting and analytical skills
· Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills for technical and business audiences
· A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
· Proven track record to creating and executing on highly effective quality processes
· Can propose tradeoffs and provide risk assessment to stakeholders
· Advanced degree in computer science or related field with 5+ years of relevant experience
· Experience using Amazon Web Services, including DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, and Lambda
· Deep understanding of system architecture and experience with large complex distributed transactional systems.
· Embedded systems design experience (Linux, Arduino)
· Thinks big, has vision and is a vocal leader and can communicate on that vision to team members
· Significant experience with common internet protocols and services including TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH, and LDAP
A background in Information Security
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
Share this job
CompanyAmazon.com Services, Inc.
Position CategorySystems, Quality, & Security Engineering
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name)United States