Amazon Web Services Senior Manager, Program Mgmt in Seattle, Washington
At Amazon Advertising, we sit at the intersection of advertising and eCommerce. With millions of customers visiting us every day to find, discover, and buy products, we believe that advertising, when done well, can enhance the value of the customer experience and generate a positive return on investment for our advertising partners. We strive to make advertising relevant so that customers welcome it - across Amazon’s ecosystem of mobile and desktop websites, proprietary devices, and the Amazon Advertising Platform. If you’re interested in innovative advertising solutions with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place!
Amazon’s Design & User Experience team (ADX) is looking for a tenured Sr. Manager of Program Management. In this global role they will be challenged to build a new foundation of strategy focused both on the technical solutions, mechanisms and measurement within the department—aimed at improving group performance and enabling expanded innovation within the creative teams.
A senior leader in this role obsesses over their customers through data and strong business judgement, and apply this with a company-wide context. They are trusted to address critical business needs through the leadership of multi-year projects or programs with significant business impact. They have demonstrable experience of tackling extremely complex problems, and of ensuring the delivery of their programs through the design and implementation of mechanisms, which may include new tools or system requirements. They have extensive leadership experience, including leading people managers and building mutually beneficial partnerships with key stakeholders.
· Develop a team of Program Managers to understand their customers, define clear project plans and execute to high expectations in a rapidly changing environment.
· Interact with stakeholders at multiple levels, and dynamically lead business, product and technical teams to define and deliver solutions.
· Lead cross functional resources through the execution of detailed program launch plans, and develop appropriate feedback mechanism to bring awareness of impacts to product/program owners
· Identify and analyze data to isolate issues, test solutions and prioritize competing program opportunities.
· Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the customer and/or business needs versus technical constraints.
· Plan and manage multiple parallel projects.
· Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization.
· Create, maintain and disseminate program and project information to stakeholders and senior management.
· Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have the customer’s success firmly as your focus.
· 10+ years of experience in attracting, retaining and growing exceptional digital advertising and/or program management teams
· 7+ Years project / program management is required
· 5+ years of experience leading project delivery for large, cross functional, projects
· 3+ years leading projects with global impact
· Experience developing operational processes and executing best in class change management practices
· Track record of developing high-performing PMs to exceed results
· Proven verbal and written communication skills, presenting to senior executives
· Demonstrated ability to deliver both strategic and tactical results across diverse cultures from inception to completion
· Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Business preferred; MBA is a plus
· Experience with Doubleclick (XSM, DFP), AdJuster,
· Experience with SQL, Perl or other scripting languages
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but are necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Obsesses over the customer experience
· Exhibits excellent judgment
· Hires and develops great people
· Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
· Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
· Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
· Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
· Strong results orientation
· Thinks big
Share this job
CompanyAmazon Media Group LLC
Position CategorySales, Advertising, & Account Management
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name)United States