Amazon Web Services Software Development Engineer II, NASCO in Seattle, Washington
At Amazon, we are committed to being the most customer-centric company on earth. TheNorth American Supply Chain Organization (NASCO)is comprised of high-powered dynamic teams which are shaping network execution through the development and application of innovative supply chain management concepts. Our goal is to improve and enhance the Amazon Fulfillment network to ultimately drive the best customer experience in a reliable and cost-efficient manner.
Do you want to rewrite how our fulfillment center teams work on a daily basis? NASCO's Production Planning Team is looking for a Software Development Engineer to build new products and services for our Fulfillment Center leadership teams. While the physical infrastructure of our Fulfillment Centers continues to evolve and improve we are looking to ramp the focus and evolvement of our labor planning systems. The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, deep software development experience, and a passion for creating maintainable, highly reliable and scalable user facing applications that are accessed by thousands of internal Customers across our Finance, Operations and HR groups. This role develop new services and products that automate and streamline the labor planning of our Fulfillment Centers impacting tens of billions of dollars in cost and hundreds of thousands of associates and leaders in our global fulfillment network.
As a software development engineer you will...
· Utilize a melting pot of technologies, programming languages, and systems and require you to keep up with the ever-changing technological landscape
· Design, development, test, and deploy key labor planning systems.
· Be responsible for ensuring sanity of architecture, operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time.
· Work closely with other teams across Operations, Machine Learning and Amazon to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership.
· Dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations to drive excellence through your organization.
Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development, with the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit Amazon worldwide. NASCO's Production Planning Team is looking for a talented software development engineer who can tackle large complex projects.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience
· 5+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Ruby or PERL
· Experience with SQL and big data; processing, filtering and presenting large quantities (100K to millions of rows) of data.
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project. Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Fluency in Java or C++
· Strong skills in Relational Data Modeling
· Passion for software craftsmanship that yields clean, elegant and maintainable code
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Share this job
CompanyAmazon Services, LLC
Position CategoryFulfillment & Operations Management
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name)United States