Amazon Web Services Sr. Software Engineer, Lumberyard Cloud Services in Seattle, Washington
The Lumberyard team aspires to help game developers create the highest quality games, engage massive communities of fans, and connect their games to the vast compute and storage of the cloud. We’re looking for pioneers who can imagine and deliver world-class technology for tomorrow’s most celebrated games. If you’re excited about the opportunity to invent and build with the entire sandbox of Amazon’s ecosystem, including AWS and Twitch, we want to talk to you.
The Lumberyard Cloud Engineering team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to partner with AWS teams in bringing new initiatives to our gaming customers. You will be the key technical partner to Lumberyard's internal and external White Glove customers. This engineering leader will strategize with technical and product leadership on what the organization’s current and future customer products looks like and will own solving our hardest technical problems. In other words – if you’ve ever dreamt about what the future of Games will look like and want to work directly with AWS's largest customers to define that, we should talk!
The ideal candidate will have launched or worked on AAA game titles, have experience leading multiple large and complex technological initiatives, have provided guidance to business leadership on key technology decisions and worked on AWS or similar web services. You’ll balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about Lumberyard and Amazon Games Services. You’ll strive for simplicity, and demonstrate significant creativity and incisive judgment.
You are expected to:
· Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects
· Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems
· Lead the design, get hands dirty and write code, and ultimately deploy successful enterprise-level systems that can be leveraged for a broad set of business use cases
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions that demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment
· Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations
· Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, game engine or distributed system architecture, and engineering best practices
· Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
· Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
· Represent Amazon and Lumberyard with external customers at events and meetings and lead technical deep dive calls
· Work effectively with product development and engineering teams across multiple geographies. Be a visionary leader, builder and operator
Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or related field.
12+ years of professional software engineering experience, going through the game production and shipping life cycle for at least one title.
5+ years’ experience in a technical leadership role.
Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems.
Deep hands-on technical expertise in at least one major technical area: game engine design & engineering, large scale systems engineering, building complex distributed systems or cloud computing
Experience managing complex projects, with significant bottom-line impact.
Experience leading development life cycle process and best practices.
Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP)
Experience mentoring/training an engineering community on complex technical issues.
Experience building or using cloud service platforms like AWS or similar
Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engine development experience.
Game industry experience working on cross-platform games on mobile, PC, or console.
Specialized skills in one or more particular areas of game development; such as AI, physics, graphics, networking/multiplayer.
Excellent communication skills, desire to demonstrate and teach best practices to internal and external customers
Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Share this job
CompanyAmazon.com Services, Inc.
Position CategorySoftware Development
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name)United States