Virginia Mason Medical Center Transfer Center Access Coordinator- Per Diem in Seattle, Washington
Job Number: 192436
Department: Intake Center
Hours: 7:00 am-7:30 pm
- This position represents VMMC during initial phone contact by referring hospitals and providers with information and other hospital operations’ support.
- The Transfer Center Access Coordinator will possess a strong working knowledge of our financial software, expert knowledge of insurance requirements, and provide administrative support.
- Administrative support includes, but is not limited to the following: create FINs for inpatient medical, inpatient surgical, outpatient care in bed, emergency department, and advanced patient registration.
- In addition, the Transfer Center Access Coordinator is responsible for updating patient demographics including PCP information, generating medical record numbers for new patients, entering and confirming insurance eligibility, creating and entering information into the hospital intake form, anticipating Intake RN needs by updating patient estimated time of arrivals, requesting diagnostic imaging and confirming its receipt, and stroke call data entry.
- This role also includes connecting referring providers to emergency department providers for a warm handoff for incoming emergency patients as well as connecting critical care providers to hospitalists for critical care patient transfers to medical-surgical units.
- The Transfer Center Access Coordinator position provides a high level of customer service in a manner consistent with VMMC’s mission, goals, and service standards.
- High School diploma or GED. 2+ years work experience and demonstrated excellence in customer service.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and third-party payer requirements. Proven excellent customer service and written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with confidential information and knowledge of HIPAA laws. Knowledge of hospital admission requirements, scheduling parameters, insurance concepts and patient registration software.
- Also required, excellent problem-solving and prioritization skills to appropriately prioritize tasks and maneuver complicated patient transfers. Ability to excel in team-based environment.Preferred: Associate's degree and experience in a health care facility
Virginia Mason Medical Center is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Virginia Mason provides healthcare without regard to race, color, religion (creed), sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin (ancestry) or disability. Disability Accommodation: To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Recruiting Offices at 866-422-2275 (voice) or 206-515-5891 (fax). Virginia Mason makes every effort to honor disability accommodation requests. Requests can be responded to most effectively if received as far in advance as possible.
Virginia Mason Medical Center
- Virginia Mason Medical Center Jobs