Wyndham Destinations Houseperson - Wyndham Smoky Mountains in Sevierville, Tennessee
The Houseperson serves as a supporting role to the housekeeping team. The Houseperson will aid Housekeeper(s) by preparing units for cleaning upon guest departure, in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while maintaining the company’s expected high quality standards and Count On Me philosophy. He/She will be responsible for linen duties of the site, as well as the organization, maintenance and cleanliness of department storage areas. The Houseperson will adhere to the company’s safety program and maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), including the new Global Harmonized System for chemicals (GHS), regulations.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for constant cleanliness by providing housekeeping throughout the resort and ensuring a clean environment for guests: Assist housekeeping team with upkeep of supplies, deliver linen, paper products and unit amenities, strip and make bed(s), assist with cleaning as needed. Remove trash from units and floors. Coordinate and create linen and amenities bags. Receive, sort, fold, and collect soiled linen. Organize, clean, and maintain stock levels of department storage areas according to company’s cleanliness and safety standards. Deliver requested item(s) to guest units (irons, coffee, paper products, kitchen utensils, etc.). (65% time)
• Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest and associate inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. (10% time)
• Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedure, and Standard Operating Procedures. (10% time)
• Build a “Count On Me” Culture: Create a positive and engaging work environment based on our Count On Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (10% time)
• Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• High School diploma or equivalent
b) Training requirements
c) Knowledge and skills
• Detail oriented with organizational skills
• Familiarity with cleaning products and equipment
• Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos
• Ability to give high priority to customer service
• Ability to receive, sort, and fold laundry.
• Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff
• Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed
d) Technical Skills
e) Job experience
• Six months related housekeeping or building maintenance experience
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
The Company makes everyeffort to ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals and abidesby EEO and nondiscrimination provisions of all applicable federal, state, andlocal laws and regulations. If you require areasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your requestto Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you areapplying.