Copper Mountain Resort Lift Operator/Ticket Checker in Soda Springs, California
Still looking for hours? We have them! Want Snow? We got it! Come join Boreal Ski Resort's Lift Operations team! Receive a FREE pass, enjoy Spring riding & employee perks! Great opportunity for Summer Operations!!
The Lift Operations Department is collectively responsible for the safety and enjoyment of every single person on the mountain. Our focus is specifically directed towards, but not limited to, the lifts and surrounding areas. You are directly responsible for your specific lift and station. Keep in mind that this is a small part of the mountain as a whole and you are also responsible for any situations that are happening elsewhere brought to your attention. You must behave maturely, be able to talk easily with people and demonstrate a positive and helpful attitude to guests and staff members. Safety awareness at all times is a must. Your actions as a lift operator and ticket checker directly affect the safety and satisfaction of every single guest that visits our mountain.
- Ensure safe, friendly and efficient up-hill transportation of our guests and employees.
- Be familiar with assigned lift, i.e., brakes, electrical systems, mechanical drives.
- Use a shovel and rake to maintain ramp conditions.
- Speak clearly and concisely to customers and other employees.
- Do other jobs relating to Mountain Operations when asked to.
- Properly load or unload guests onto or off of a chair.
- Be, at all times, alert of everything around your station.
- Be able to talk or coach the skiers onto the lift in an orderly conduct.
- Make sure there are no problems or issues on the lift line.
Be able to communicate with the Top Operator and Bottom Operator in dealing with problems such as a person with one ski on, etc.
Ability to ensure safe, friendly and efficient up-hill transportation of our guests and staff
- Ability to be familiar with assigned lifts, i.e., brakes, operating controls, communication devices
- Ability to use rakes and shovels to maintain ramp conditions
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely to customers and other employees
- Ability to do other jobs related to Mountain Operations when asked to
- Ability to properly load and unload all persons onto or off the chairlifts
- Ability to be alert of everything around your station
- Ability to be able to talk or coach skiers/snowboarders onto or off the chairlifts in an orderly conduct
- Ability to check and correct problems or issues in the lift lines
- Ability to be able to communicate with other Operators and supervisors in dealing with any problems
Each Operator assigned to a lift is in charge of that lift. This Operator shall be trained and experienced in normal operational and emergency procedure and such training shall be documented, as required by law. In addition to your initial training there will be periodic training to refresh your knowledge and introduce any skills or measures you will need to fulfill our duties.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled