State of Minnesota Information Technology Spec 4 in St. Paul, Minnesota
This senior position provides technical analysis, design, and development leadership within the Reporting and Data Services team (RADS) in the system office – ITS division. The RADS team manages the Minnesota State system-wide Reporting and Data Services Platform (the RADS Platform) which provides data warehousing, data modeling and transformation, data integration, operational reporting, system-wide dashboards, and business intelligence services. This position is responsible for recommending and leading the adoption, design, and development of technical solutions and services, managing projects that design and construct solutions to fulfil the requirements of business partners, and designing and developing technical solutions including relational and dimensional models, ETL processes, operational reporting, and business intelligence reporting, so that Minnesota State stakeholders of all types are provided timely, accurate, and meaningful business intelligence, reporting, and data services.
Resume must reflect all minimum qualifications. Please enter your experience in chronological order, including the month and year of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT, computer science or management related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years of experience working in information technology or related area managing requirements, developing business intelligence data models, and developing business intelligence solutions.
- 3 years of experience designing, developing, and supporting technical data warehousing components such as database schemas and objects, stored procedures, integrations, and ETL processes.
- Success working in close relationships with business partners in designing and delivering solutions that implement requirements of diverse stakeholders.
- Experience with project management principles sufficient to assist in planning projects, developing work plans and goals, and monitoring project progress.
- Effective written and verbal communication sufficient to ensure clear, accurate, concise and timely communications between team members and all stakeholders.
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience with Microsoft’s business intelligence and reporting products.
- Experience working in higher education managing requirements and developing business intelligence data models and solutions.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (Minnesota State) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor.
Why Work For Us
At Minnesota State we promote the ability for our employees to move within the Minnesota State system of Colleges and Universities, located throughout the State of MN. To learn more, please visit: Work at Minnesota State!
At Minnesota State, we have a GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! Our generous benefits include 11 paid Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, six weeks of Paid Parental Leave, low cost medical and dental insurance with low deductibles, a Pension Plan, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement plans and other retirement investment options, pre-tax medical and dental expense (with roll-over option) and dependent care accounts, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, as well as professional development and a tuition waiver program for employees and their dependents, etc. We promote the health and well-being of our employees and take work/life balance seriously.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Jessica White at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-201-1845.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
Job Title: Information Technology Spec 4
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 24238
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 06/11/2018
Closing Date: 06/25/2018
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota State / System Office
Hiring Agency: Minnesota State / System Office
Division/Unit: IT Department
Appointment Type: Unlimited, Full-time
Work Shift: Not Applicable Shift
Work Hours: Not Applicable Shift
Work Shift/Work Hours: Not Applicable Shift
Days of Work: M-F
Travel Required: Yes - Occasionally
Salary Range: $29.42 - $48.53/hourly; $61,428 - $101,330/annually
Job Class Option: Application
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
Job Class: Sr. Data Warehouse Analyst & Developer/ITS 4