NMG Aerospace Financial Analyst in Stow, Ohio
Come join our family and be part of a team of individuals who enjoy excellent health and retirement benefits, competitive pay, a clean, comfortable, air-conditioned work environment, and co-workers who enjoy working and learning together as a team.
• Coordinate monthly finance and accounting activities for assigned business unit(s).
• Support program and production teams with guidance and technical assistance with sales, costs, and project analyses.
• Analyzes monthly financial results, including researching variances.
• Monitor financial transactions within the month to spot suspect data and disseminate to process owners for validation
• Compilation of past and present financial/operational data to determine trends and forecast future performance.
• Develop and maintain accurate product costs; including assisting with the development and maintenance of the cost accounting system.
• Actively participate in the development of product pricing and customer quote initiatives.
• Administer the quarterly budgeting process within assigned business unit(s).
• Prepare capital project requests, including ROI project analysis.
• Coordinate with SCM and operations teams to identify opportunities and methods to reduce material costs, eliminate scrap and re-work, and improve efficiency/productivity
• Prepare and participate in physical inventory activities including counts, cut-offs, and costing.
• Provide reporting metrics and educate business unit team members on the utilization of financial performance measures.
• Provide support for Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives, companywide.
• Other duties, reporting, special assignments or projects as needed and assigned.
• Required education/training: 2 year associate degree in a business major or 5+ years of accounting experience in lieu of degree.
• Preferred education/training: 4 year accounting degree.
• General accounting background, with emphasis in cost accounting.
• Strong analytical and project management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
• Proficiency in the use of a variety of supporting software including Excel as well as experience working with an ERP system.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time.
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office or shop floor to access work supplies, tools, machinery, etc.
Willing to submit to and satisfactorily pass any pre-employment screening required for employment (i.e. drug screen, background check, eye exam, hearing exam, etc.) and any subsequent testing required for the position during employment.
In addition to competitive wages, NMG is proud to offer a retirement savings plan with company matching opportunity, excellent health and wellness benefits including a $350 annual wellness allowance for assistance with personal health and fitness goals, can earn up to 4 weeks paid-time off, on the job training, education assistance and variety of other supportive programs to meet our team members needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.