Honeywell Procurement Buyer - Romania in United States
Procurement Buyer - Romania
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell UOP is seeking an experienced Procurement Leader in its Bucharest, Romania office.
Honeywell International is a $37 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 120,000 employees in 100 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement. UOP is part of Honeywell’s Performance Materials and Technologies strategic business group.
UOP is a global leader of process technology, products, engineered systems and technical services to the chemical, petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas processing and energy industries, and is a leader in the R&D of petroleum and petrochemical processing.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
-Support procurement activities for Honeywell/UOPrelated activities and purchase engineered equipment, instrumentation, services, etc. that are required for oil and gas related projects.
-New supplier identification and qualification to ensure demand is satisfied and a competitive marketplace exists across all commodities.
-Prepare and Send Invitations to Bid
-Prepare Purchase Orders
-Prepare Purchase Order Change Notices
-Maintain information up to date in procurement programs (SAP, iValua, Prins) in an accurate manner
-Support correspondence with suppliers
-Provide assistance in invoice auditing
-Make sure orders have been signed properly (in accordance with limitations of DOA)
-Expedite suppliers for answers to Invitations to Bid, Purchase Order acknowledgements and Purchase Order deliveries
-Deliver on performance metrics established by the Procurement Director and business. These include (but are not limited to) safety, supplier quality and delivery, productivity, cash flow (payment terms, monthly pay optimization), e-auctions, and automation.
-Maintenance of procurement standard documents (order templates, procedures, manual...)
Key Success Factors:
- Minimize the total costs of purchased goods and services via proper contracting strategies, contractually protecting Honeywell's intellectual and indemnity interest, enforcing contract compliance and using competitive practices.
- Assist site and functional customers in compliance with sourcing strategy and procedures.
- Anticipate procurement project problems and take appropriate action to resolve these problems working with team and other functions.
- Establish win-win UOP /Supplier relationships.
- Proficient with all procurement policies, processes, systems, methodologies.
Achieve metrics as outlined through goal and objective process.
35 Support procurement activities for Honeywell/UOP
35 Deliver on performance metrics established by the Procurement Director and business
30 Maintenance of procurement standard documents
· A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain or Technical area
- 3-5 years of procurement experience
· ERP system experience, preferably SAP
- Oil and Gas Industry experience
- Knowledge of local contracting requirements
- Project purchasing experience buying a variety of engineered equipment
- Ability to travel, up to 10%
- Effective written and oral communicator and motivator
- Fundamental knowledgeable of legal and commercial concepts
- Dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal customers and suppliers to gain their trust and respect.
- Decision-maker using analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment in making sound decisions.
- History of exceeding goals successfully; consistently a top performer; bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Ability to drive multiple projects to completion concurrently.
Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt certified. If not certified, complete Greenbelt Training within 3 months of hire and complete project for Greenbelt Certification in 10 months.
Purchasing certifications such as CPM or CPSM or equivalent
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD12002
- Category: Procurement
- Location: ROU
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.