SOS International LLC Special Security Officer (SSO) in United States
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-180809-7445: Special Security Officer (SSO)
Location Overseas - Germany/Italy/Kosovo
Open Date 8/12/2018
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Special Security Officer (SSO) to support join a large intelligence technical support services program in Europe. The SSO supports the Security Manager on all aspects of personnel and information security, to include: physical, personnel, information, and technical security throughout Europe.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Develops, evaluates, maintains, and/or operating systems, policies, devices, procedures and methods used for safeguarding classified SCI information, property, and materials
- Assists indevelopmentof and recommends policies and procedures for analyzing and evaluating the character, background and history of Government employees, candidates for employment, and other persons having or proposed to be granted access to classified or other sensitive information, materials, or work sites
- Manages the operation of the Special Security Office and administers the SCI security program to include SCI security oversight. Maintains applicable SCI directives, regulations, manuals, and guidelines to adequately discharge SSO duties and responsibilities. Provides guidance and assistance for processing EPSQ, SCI position, and eligibility requests. Conducts SCI security briefings, indoctrinations, and debriefings; obtains signed Nondisclosure Agreements; andperforms other related personnel security actions. Ensures each subordinate SSO or SSR conducts the self-inspection using an approved checklist
- Investigates SCI security infractions, making recommendations and preparing required reports
- Maintains listings of available SCI electrical and hard copy products, validates product requirements, and ensures dissemination to authorized users. Reviews all derogatory information from the local supporting military law enforcement agency involving SCI-indoctrinated personnel and takes appropriate action
- Constantly evaluates SCI risk and recommends appropriate countermeasures
- Creates Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) for operations involving the use or transport of classified and SCI material
- Reports security violations and Practices Dangerous to Security (PDS) IAW DoD 5105.21-M-1
- Current DOD Top Secret with SCI Access (TS/SCI)
- Four years experience and training in the field
- Working knowledge of SCI requirements and security. Knowledge of JDISS, JWICS, DMS, and AMHS automation systems and SIPR classified network.
- Must have a working knowledge of Executive Order 12563
- Familiarity with National, DIA, and Army SCI security regulatory requirements
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment