United Technologies Corporation Manager, ACE Power and Controls Supply Chain in Windsor Locks, Connecticut
Job ID: 01331699
City: Windsor Locks
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
02: Building 02 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get on board the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
• You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
• You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
• You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at Collins Aerospace, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
This position is for an experienced quality professional, overseeing ACE/Continuous Improvement projects. Responsible for moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems and/or products to enhance quality performance.
• With limited oversight, trains site ACE pilots, management and their respective teams on lean, continuous improvement, project management and business integration skill sets to enhance the capabilities of the team in reengineering initiatives.
• Leads small to medium transformation initiatives that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions focused on continuous improvement.
• Coaches lower level employees on how to apply ACE tools and methodologies in business and manufacturing environments to drive best in class processes while working to become a recognized ACE Practitioner/ACE Master.
• Coaches lower level employees on how to apply best practices related to quality control procedures to effectively evaluate an organization’s products.
• Leads small to medium ACE Site Assessments to enable ACE site and cell certifications.
• Compiles potentially complex monthly ACE Performance Metrics that focus on organization objectives in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality are met.
• Demonstrates and coaches lower level employees on the proper application and interpretation of the ACE criteria in order to gain certification as an ACE Silver/Gold assessor.
• Serves as a Subject Matter Expert for the development of ACE training materials to ensure a successful ACE Certification Program.
• Develops and manages quality programs (e.g., ACE) to assist internal staff, suppliers, customers, and partners with initiatives to reengineer processes and methods that adequately assure quality of an organization's products.
• Oversees internal ACE/lean trainings and facilitates ACE events.
• Ensures and enables ACE site & Cell certifications.
• Recommends process and procedural changes to ensure that company objectives in the areas of cost, efficiency, and quality are met.
• Ensures that quality control procedures adequately evaluate an organization's products.
• Provides process certification, PFMEA, 8D Problem Solving & Red-X and UPPAP element support and training.
• Business or industry related experience
• ACE /LEAN/Continuous Improvement Experience
• Data Extraction & Analysis
• Microsoft Office Suite
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.
United Technologies Corporation
- United Technologies Corporation Jobs